The unique Garador Flex-A-Door® is the perfect alternative when you are looking to replace your existing tilt door, or in situations where you have restricted headroom in your garage or carport.
The Flex A-Door features the famous Garador Roll-A-Door® curtain, fitted on a curving track, so the curtain lifts from a vertical position up into a horizontal position, close to the ceiling – providing a clean, neat appearance on both the outside and inside.
Available in Daylight Opening (DLO) sizes up to 2775mm high and 1200mm to 3100mm wide.
The Flex-A-Door will enhance the appearance of your home with a quality finish and colour options including:
- An extensive range of colours to choose from, enough choices to suit any exterior
- Roll-A-Door curtain for a clean, neat appearance
- Stylishly designed centre lift lock
- Hidden extension spring providing a tidy, reliable and uncluttered finish
- Flex-A-Door fits behind the opening and does not protrude forward, like jamb or canopy type tilting doors – this means the door can be fitted to openings with unusual shapes, such as arches, etc
- In situations where a Flex-A-Door and a Roll-A-Door may be installed next to each other, or in close proximity, the two doors match
Your Flex-A-Door will continue to be easy to open and close, with features such as:
- Limited headroom required above the walk-in height requirement, with a Roll-A-Door curtain, moving like a sectional door
- Nylofelt® running strips for effortless sliding action
- Door can be left open at any height, giving the added convenience of allowing the door to be partially opened for ventilation, while providing privacy when working in the garage
The garage today is used to store many different valuable objects, and in some cases is converted into another room, so weather protection is an important feature of any garage door. Flex-A-Door features:
- Quality Pre-painted, Zinc-based steel to stand up to the harsh New Zealand climate
- A weatherseal with deep cushioning helping restrict entry of water and leaves. On slightly uneven floors it reduces the gap for a better fit
- A curtain that fits behind the opening and runs on a track, so Flex-A-Door won’t blow shut in the wind like a tilt door can, and Flex-A-Door also restricts the wind from blowing through the entry way as can happen with tilt doors, which fit within the opening and therefore have a gap on each side
Smooth and Quiet:
- Nylofelt® running strips and nylon rollers with bearings ensuring your door slides up and down with minimal effort
- Plastic insert in the horizontal track providing smooth quiet operation
Safety for your Family:
Safety should be a key consideration when selecting your garage door, as door failures can cause serious injury. The following safety features have been built in to your Flex-A-Door:
- Extension springs enclosed and above head height – well out of the reach of children
- No moving brackets or door supports which could act as finger or arm entrapments
The Flex-A-Door includes additional security features for peace of mind, such as:
- Waist height lock for ease of use and added security
- Pick resistant lock design
- The locking system is difficult to tamper with, as Flex-A-Door fits behind the opening, so security is improved
Strength & Durability:
Your Flex-A-Door will continue to operate like new, with features such as:
- Springs designed to exceed the Australian Standard for garage doors – 20,000 cycles
- The Roll-A-Door steel curtain providing a more rigid, stronger door
The Garador Flex-A-Door is formed from pre-painted steel in a smooth finish.
Automatic operation with an opener from the Garador GDO range is recommended.
5 year warranty for steel door panels and associated labour, 12 month warranty for surface coating, locking mechanism and all other components and associated labour, in normal residential use, (excludes salt corrosion).